Add Housewarming Appeal
Your Home's Interior
Experience shows that creating a warm and inviting feel inside your home increases its desirability. View your home with a critical eye, then clean, complete minor repairs and add finishing touches.
Doors and Windows
- Consider adding a fresh coat of paint to your front door.
- Polish brass fixtures and be sure door locks work properly.
- Oil hinges to both doors and windows.
- Keep stairways tidy and secure handrails.
- Repair or replace bent or damaged screens and window glass.
- Cut back outdoor plants that restrict natural light.
- Keep windows clean and tidy with draperies firmly affixed and in proper working order.
Floors and Carpets
- Repair or replace missing or damaged tile, hardwood, vinyl and baseboards.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Secure loose carpeting and replace damaged areas.
- Be conscious of odors caused by dampness, high-traffic areas or pets.
Closets and Storage Areas
- Ample storage space increases the desirability of the home.
- Keep closets tidy.
- Discard any unnecessary items and consider storing those you do not use frequently.
Bedrooms and Living Areas
- Keep living areas clean and inviting.
- Arrange furniture to allow a spacious atmosphere.
- Put away your collections (figurines, fragile items, etc.).
- Store all political and religious mementos, as well as any business, sports and personal awards.
- Take the extra leaf out of the dining room table and place a nice, white tablecloth on it.
- Make beds, arrange couch cushions, dust shelves, vacuum carpets and touch-up walls with paint or spackling as necessary.
- Wallpaper should be clean and adhere smoothly to the walls.
- Finishing touches such as flowers or candles add to the home's housewarming appeal.
Kitchens and Bathrooms
- Clear counters, drawers and cabinets of unnecessary items.
- Remove all refrigerator magnets and items, including children's sports and school pictures.
- Clean soap dishes, mirrors, faucets and appliances (inside and out).
- Store cleaning supplies and hang freshly washed towels.
- Be conscious of odors caused by dampness, hampers, garbage and various foods.
Counters and Cabinets
- Store infrequently used counter-top items to allow a spacious look in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Keep drawers and cabinets tidy and organized.
|<< Previous||Next >>||Back To Main|